Friday, July 13, 2012

photography

The first time I ever picked up a camera and pushed the shutter button was when I was in 4th grade. I took pictures for my science project it was on bubble bath. My friends dad told me wow these are really good you took some good photos. When he told me that I felt so special and I've always had that comment in my head till this day and thought could I maybe one day be a photographer?

Back then it was film and I was young and my family couldn't afford cameras I don't think we ever owned one.  On special occasions my mom would buy a disposable one and more than half the time never get them developed till years later lol. So I never got to really play around with a camera and those were just point and shoot no settings or anything. The photos we did had i loved looking at something about a photo that always made me smile all the memories that flashed though my head just by looking at one picture it always amazed me. Like they say a picture says a thousand words!

As I got older and technology got more advance that's when the digital camera came out with the LCD screen where you could see your picture which was awesome and  of course would be expensive. I begged my mom for a camera and on Christmas my sophomore year of high school I got one it was the coolest thing to me at the time lol it was 3 mega pixels I think 1 1/2 inch screen it had video but wasn't too great and to me the pictures where good it captured all my family and friends moments I wanted. =]

I got tired of that one it was too slow for me the screen was too small and I wanted better mega pixels so I saved up money and bought myself a new one 5mp and a 2inch screen fast okay video it was perfect i used that all my junior and senior year i loved it. it took many falls and still worked like a charm for me (i still have it just for memories and it still works) thanks to that camera I have so many photos to always look back at. I love taking pictures of everyone it was fun and when ppl liked what i captured it made me feel all good inside =]

I got tired of recharging and buying new batteries all the time and then for valentines day 08 my boyfriend Xavier bought me my first canon camera 10mp 3in screen and awesome video sound. That camera got no rest it went everywhere with me I filled up my memory cards so fast! I used it for my shows i went to i never complained about that camera it was always attached to me everyone knew they didn't have to worry about bringing a camera if danielle was coming haha i even had two batteries and chargers you never know lol
I also took one photography class in college 08 and it was film black and white thats when i first got to play around with a slr beautiful canon camera that class is when i said to myself this is lots of fun and i wasnt too bad at it either so thats when it took off and i took even more pictures and always using what i learn in all my photos one my lil point and shoot camera  =] since that class all i wanted was a dslr i asked every christmas and birthday for one i even tried to save up for one but never got it =\

my lovely point and shoot canon sadly that one got stolen very sad day for me =\ so my picture taking days were over for awhile untill Xavie my life saver bought me a new one for Christmas 09 a sony 12 mp and still awesome video/sound. I still have it and still use it! the day I found out i was pg i was so excited that i would have so much more practice in shooting my belly and my new baby. for the first year of her life thats the camera i used for all her photos. I always got compliments on them which i loved and thats when i decide im gonna really try this photography again and really teach myself and practice. So finally Christmas 2011 i finally got my dream camera its not the most expensive but it doesn't even matter its beautiful to me and does everything i want and takes amazing photos =] I love my canon T3 im always messing with all its functions, reading blogs and learning new things everyday on what my camera can do and what i can do it really makes me happy its fun i love it and maybe one day i could have my own photography studio or even sell some photos because as much as i love shooting people there is nothing more beautiful then nature <3

till then when people want pictures done im always raising my hand first for more practice and experience =]


thanks for reading if you have any good websites, links, or books that can help feel free to comment. also any great sites for great inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment