Monday, April 2, 2012

Exploring Nature in Grandma's Backyard

I have been wanting to post this for awhile but just haven't had the time.. So here it is, a few days ago, no, okay lets start with a few weeks ago I went to Ihop with my friend Jackie and with the kids menu came a bookmark paper from the movie the Lorax and it had seeds to plant a tree. That's when the idea popped in my head plant those along with some flowers since spring is on its way plus it would be a really fun thing to do with Khaila =] So after breakfast Khaila and I went to the 99cent store and got all the supplies we needed; soil, pots, and flower seeds (9 for a dollar ) oh also got a cute little watering can for Khaila haha. So we went home and since it was a nice day out with the sun shining we planted right away. She had lots of fun playing the soil and after I let her water them and she did pretty well learning how to. I suck and didn't get a picture of her only videos and I don't feel like editing. Haha I have been keeping track of my plants  I didn't think i would grow anything but i did and i was super excited here is after a couple of days for sure less than a week one started to sprout. It's looks big but they are really small.. I planted a total of two trees from the Ihop thing, and 3 different types of flowers the snapdragons are the first ones to start sprouting which is below. 

    
SNAPDRAGONS
    Then a week or so after the others started too


 I am not gonna lie I'm super proud of myself for taking care of them and not forgetting to water them <3 and  Khaila loves to see them as they grow she thinks its so cool. Every day I swear they get bigger and bigger but I know its not a big change. lol These are last photos I've taken and they were taken on Friday. See growing! 

    
    

I haven't taken pics yet of them now but they are taller and sprouting more its amazing how nature is I've never done this before so its pretty exciting <3

OKAY now some fun starts ha so about a few days ago Khaila, my sister, and I were outside just messing around and i was helping my sister plant her own flowers and we found a rollie pollie I haven't played with one in forever probably since i was very little. So showed it Khaila and she love it and wasn't scared of it at all she did want to eat it but i told her that it was a bug not food lol here are some photos of her and her first rollie pollie. 




She was talking to it lol

Then my sister lifted up a rock and we found a warm and snails haha and here is what we got =] 




With the snails 

I LOVE this Photo i took of them =] 


I would say that we had a good time in the backyard of my mama's/Khaila's grandma's backyard. 



                         

No comments:

Post a Comment